Pages

Pinterest

February 25, 2015

For the LOVE of Kittens - The Rubber Cafe



Hi folks!  Just check out these super duper cute kittens.  I will take one of each please!  I am over at The Rubber Cafe today with another card.  Starting with an A2 card base of the shimmery pink, I added two other papers slightly smaller to the front of the card.  
I cut the white shimmer cardstock to a 3 1/4 x 4 1/2.  Setting the card aside and using only the white paper at this point, I masked the dog and balloon stamp so that I would only utilize the balloon.  I stamped gray ink and used silver embossing powder and set with a heat gun.  


Sorry for the bad picture!  After embossing, I colored my balloons randomly with a touch of Faber Castle Gelatos.  I used a blender pen to color these it to get the watercolored effect. The pink and red turned out to be too stark so once they dried, I reapplied white to the top to lighten the underneath colors a bit.



Once it dried, I backed it with foam and added it to the front of the card. I added my paper layering to the center of the card backed with foam again.  Colored and fussy cut my kittens, added a heart to the tush of one and I was done!  I did color these cute creatures with colored pencils.

I hope you have enjoyed this card and I will see you again really soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment